Anxiety. Depression. Stress. Peer Pressure. How can you help your child navigate these challenges? Join Dr. Doug Friesen, Licensed Psychologist, and other area pastors, parents and educators at our upcoming free seminar – Parenting for Mental Health & Holistic Growth – and ask all the questions you want of our panel!
Students today are faced with a host of external pressures: to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). These factors have contributed to a student experience that is often filled with activity but void of joy, noted by the drastic increase of anxiety and depression among adolescents in recent years.
We will discuss and wrestle with questions that parents have about how we can cultivate a climate of mental health and holistic growth for our students, specifically related to factors that are contributing to increased anxiety and depression.
PANEL DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
– How can I help mitigate the pressures my child faces – ie. to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, and FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?
– What practices have been beneficial in your family or for families you work with?
– What can I do as a parent to promote positive mental health for my child?
Join Us Near You – 3 Session Dates & Locations:
All seminars are free and open to the public. You are encouraged to bring friends with you, even those that don’t attend LM schools!
– January 7: New Danville Campus, Gym, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
– January 9: Locust Grove Campus, Gathering Area, near the Front Lobby, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
– January 16: Lancaster Lincoln Hwy Campus, Dining Hall, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Learn More: https://www.lancastermennonite.org/about/news/youre-invited-parenting-for-mental-health-holistic-growth-qa-seminars-in-january/
Video Music by Xylo-Ziko, FMA