SURVIVAL TIPS FOR PARENTS RAISING ANXIOUS KIDS, EP 6
Natasha explains how parents can open up communication with their child in order to learn more about their anxieties. She’ll discuss what facilitates conversation and what shuts it down, and offer some advice on how to word potentially triggering questions.
– View other episodes in this series https://www.madeofmillions.com/series/survival-tips
– Follow Natasha on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/atparentingsurvival/
– Check out Natasha’s channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuoDSSCePQ6xkbi2FJNm9kA
– Learn more about Natasha and her work at https://www.ATparentingsurvival.com.
ABOUT SURVIVAL TIPS
Anxiety isn’t just for adults. In fact, 1 in 6 US children between the ages of 6 and 17 experience a mental health disorder each year. But despite the high prevalence, many parents don’t know what to do when their child starts to experience anxiety symptoms. What warning signs should you look out for? What support do they need? How can you help them cope?
As a child therapist and mom, Natasha Daniels knows how complicated (and frustrating) dealing with an anxious child can be. She’s spent years helping families tackle these problems, and is now sharing her knowledge with the world. In Survival Tips for Parents Raising Anxious Kids, she offers a glimpse into the realities of childhood mood problems, and provides parents with actionable tips for managing their child’s condition.
ABOUT MADE OF MILLIONS
The Made of Millions foundation is a global advocacy nonprofit on a mission to change how the world perceives mental health.
Each year, millions of people around the world are diagnosed with a mental health condition. People of every age, country, gender and ethnicity. Millions more go undiagnosed, and are forced to battle their symptoms without the care and support they deserve.
As sufferers, we know their pain. We know the isolation they experience at the hands of cultural stigma. We know the anger they feel at media outlets who misrepresent their conditions. And we know the frustration they have with healthcare systems that make it impossible to find help. The Made of Millions Foundation wants to heal this pain.
Using the power of art, media and digital technology, we’re on a mission to transform how the world perceives mental health. And in doing so, create a safer and more inclusive future for sufferers everywhere.
SUPPORT MADE OF MILLIONS
CONNECT WITH US
– Web: https://madeofmillions.com
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/madeofmillions_
– Facebook: https://facebook.com/lifebeyondocd/
– Instagram: https://instagram.com/madeofmillions
– Beautiful Brains Guide: https://bit.ly/2GuLZ9c
– Pax The OCD Bot: https://facebook.com/paxtheocdbot