Telling children they’re donor conceived should be simple & stress free. These tips for telling kids about donor conception are based on my experience as a single mother by choice to 4 donor conceived children (now aged 11 & 14). I hope my demonstrations & explanations help you understand when & how to tell your kids they’re donor conceived with minimum stress & confusion & maximum simplicity & clarity (& pride! – You created a life which couldn’t otherwise have existed).
#buildYOURbestFAMILY #CreatorsForChange #donorconceived #singlemombychoice
* Info for SINGLES CALLED TO PARENTHOOD: http://bit.ly/SoloMomByChoice
* Info on creating & raising DONOR CONCEIVED KIDS: http://bit.ly/DonorConceptionInfo
* FOSTER CARE stories, tips, & info: http://bit.ly/FosterCareInfo
* Choosing your FAMILY SIZE & AGE GAPS: http://bit.ly/BestFamilySize
* How to respectfully, gently, & effectively DISCIPLINE even the most difficult & damaged children: http://bit.ly/DisciplineChildren
* PARENTING TIPS, advice, & hacks: http://bit.ly/ParentingInfo
* My life as a solo mom by choice: www.youtube.com/LuckyFortune8Family
GET BIG DISCOUNTS & support this channel by shopping here for electronics, mother & child products, home wares & storage solutions & much more http://bit.ly/OnlineShopNEWFROG
or copy my pro video style with royalty free stock videos, photos, & music with these affiliate links:
CHANNEL INTRO: I share advice & information about solo parenting, donor conception, foster care, family size & age parenting tips & styles that work best, plus gentle, positive, & respectful ways to discipline children that really work – to help you build your own best family. I launched the Ask AMY channel in 2018 because I want you to experience something like the (never perfect but often) heavenly family life that I have.
DESTINY CALLS: My cosy corner of the internet started by a total quirk of fate! I am an Australian single mother by choice who unwittingly dropped into 21st century technology by accidentally launching a family channel www.youtube.com/LuckyFortune8Family which now has over 104K subscribers & 51M views.
BACKGROUND: I had an only child for nearly 9 years before giving birth to 4 more children within 2.5 years. In addition to my own 3 sons and 2 daughters – which include 2 sets of twins – I fostered 20 children over 7 years in 2 states, including same sex twins and sibling groups – before my own boy/girl twins were born. Before being formally, medically retired by the Medical Assessment Tribunal (in March 2014), I worked in child care (4 years), created/delivered professional development level courses in behaviour management philosophies & strategies (3 years), plus worked in public schools (2 years), and the child protection sector (8 years). Whilst I am permanently, medically unable to resume my prior profession, I believe my years of raising children plus working with child clients and their families enables me to provide useful, generalised, lived experience information in YouTube’s pre-recorded format.
DISCLAIMER: Like anything else you find on the internet, my motherly ADVICE SHOULD NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT OR THE GUIDANCE OF PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW YOUR PERSONAL SITUATION.
GIVING BACK: Video production is costly in time, effort, & practical resources. You can support me to continue producing free content (& eventually more frequent content) by:
* watching/liking/commenting on Ask AMY videos;
* voting in the poll on each video;
* subscribing to Ask AMY & switching notifications ON;
* sharing this Ask AMY video;
* translating Ask AMY videos into other languages at http://bit.ly/HelpTranslateAskAMYvideos
* making your own voluntary, non-refundable contribution to my work via paypal.me/LF8F
* becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/LuckyFortune8Family;
* becoming a moderator in the Ask AMY comments section to ensure our mutually curious & supportive community is preserved (well known & long term subscribers can offer through comments).
OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
* FACEBOOK @AskAMYvideos
* TWITTER @Fortune8Family
* INSTAGRAM @luckyfortune8family
NB: I spend 10x more time chatting here on YouTube than I spend on any other social media so this is the best place to get my attention.
PARTNER WITH Ask AMY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “Ask AMY Partner Request”. Please provide brief details of your product or service so your potential value to this community can be considered. I’m delighted to support people & products that serve our community.