State-of-the-Art SOLUTIONS for Stress-Free Living
April is National Stress Awareness Month. According to a study by The American Psychological Association, in any given month, 77% of us experience physical symptoms due to stress. (This can go way beyond headaches all the way to heart attacks.) And, while the last century has brought us many modern conveniences that are supposed to make lives easier, save time and reduce stress, the opposite is happening. A major stress for many is simply waiting, whether in traffic, on hold, in line or for their computer to boot up or catch up with them. Waiting is just one of todays facts of life thats out of our control and making us feel powerless and stressed. But help is here. Psychologist and media personality Cooper Lawrence will help us identify what stresses us out and offer technologically savvy and psychologically sound ways to eliminate them.
· WHATS BUGGING YOU: Cooper helps you identify common stressors and determine which ones are affecting you the most.
· ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT: Feeling powerless can be very stressful. Cooper will show you how shifting your perspective can empower and protect you from needless stress.
· THE RIGHT STUFF: A new Intel survey conducted with Harris Interactive found that that the average person spends 12.6 minutes a day waiting for their computer to download, boot or catch up. That works out to a little more than 3 stressful days a year! The survey also revealed that 41% of adults said waiting for their computer to catch up to them stresses them out. Cooper will share information on technology and stress, as well as introduce you to the latest and greatest technology that helps eliminate the wait.
· WAITING STRATEGIES: For times when theres no new tech or methods to eliminate the wait, Cooper gives some ways to make it more bearable and less stressful.
· WEB WONDERS: Use your computer to give yourself a break. Cooper introduces you to some websites designed to banish stress and relieve tension.
· ANCIENT WISDOM: Take a tip from old world masters and use this ancient technique to reduce stress and energize yourself.
Cooper Lawrence is a psychologist, radio host, author and expert in celebrity culture and fame. She is a favorite guest of CNN Headline News’s Showbiz Tonight, Fox News Channel, and The Tyra Banks Show as well as The Today Show, The Early Show, CNN, The O’Reilly Factor, Your World with Neil Cavuto, Hannity & Colmes, Fox & Friends, The Insider, and E! Entertainment Television. She has been featured in print for the New York Post, New York Daily News, Chicago Tribune, IN STYLE, SELF, Parenting, Cosmopolitan, Family Circle, OK! Magazine, US Weekly, Life & Style, Star Magazine, In Touch Weekly, The Huffington Post and CosmoGIRL!