Being a parent of young adults : how is the job of being a parent in 2020?
2020 is a time of upheaval as we grapple with the pandemic, racism, climate instability, polarization, increasing issues with mental health… and as a parent of young adults, what do you do? Kids are “stuck at home,” unable to engage in “their world” at school or university, at an age when social life IS life. Navigating learning-from-home, uncertainty about courses in the fall, cancelled summer jobs… they’re in hiatus. Meanwhile parents are likewise trying to juggle work (if they’re lucky) and financial stress and and and. How do we balance it all? What does it take to be a good parent in this tumultuous time? What does that even mean today?
Join this LIVE panel discussion for our weekly series of emotional intelligence livestreams, hosted by Joshua Freedman Six Seconds.
Panelists for this week’s panel on parenting young adults:
– Laura Horne, Chief Program Officer at Active Minds, the nation’s premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for students.
– Dr. Lynne Kenney is the nation’s leading pediatric psychologist in the development of classroom cognitive-physical activity programs for students – and the mother of two young adults.
– Annie Fox, M.Ed., is an internationally respected parenting expert, family coach and trusted online adviser for teens.
– Jacques-Philippe Piverger is Managing Partner at the OzoneX (venture capital firm purpose-built to invest in and scale mission-driven tech companies founded by women and people from underserved communities).
– Zahir Shaik is a Network Leader in the Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence community and a dad of two teens. He earned his Master’s Degree in Philosophy of Management Coaching from the University of Stellenbosch Business School.
Want MORE RESOURCES on to help you be a better parent with EQ?
GET the book Whole Hearted Parenting by Joshua Freedman: https://6sec.org/whp
TIPS for Collaborative PARENTING: https://6sec.org/collaborativeparenting
10 Emotionally Intelligent ways to build TRUST as a PARENT: https://6sec.org/trustparenting
Kids Navigating the Digital World: 5 Practical Tips for Parents: https://6sec.org/parentingdigitalworld
Check out the FREE online course: https://6sec.org/eqparenting101
Ready for more about emotional intelligence? Want to be better with neuroscience? Emotional Intelligence is a set of learnable skills and you can increase your EQ today to create a positive future.
For free or low cost classes on using your emotions check out GROW U
Daily classes to help you grow & live-online, together
Download a FREE ebook to get started practicing emotional intelligence
Practicing Emotional Intelligence
Connect on Social:
Share this video: https://youtu.be/PW1surcf6pU
#parenting #emotionalintelligence #sixseconds